Dr. Brett Cascio, medical director of Sports Medicine at Lake Charles Memorial
Health, specializes in sports medicine and the arthroscopic treatment
of ACL reconstructions, rotator cuff tears, and hip, knee & shoulder
pain and injuries. His expertise is in hip and shoulder arthroscopy and
Femoro-Acetabular impingment and he is
the regional expert in hip arthroscopy. He was the first physician to repair a hip labrum in Louisiana and has
the most experience with repairing hip labrums in Louisiana.
Dr. Cascio's expertise has included the care of the New Orleans Shell
Shockers Professional Soccer team, the U.S. Ski team, Colorado Rockies
and Baltimore Orioles Baseball teams, Denver Bronco’s Football team,
the Johns Hopkins Lacrosse and Football teams, and multiple high school
teams. Dr. Cascio headed the Sports Medicine Program at Louisiana State
University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in New Orleans.
His practice focuses on knee, shoulder, hip and cartilage injuries. He
is trained in the latest minimally invasive arthroscopy surgery techniques
for hips, knees and shoulders, which reduces scarring and recovery time.
Dr. Cascio is board certified in the field of Sports Medicine from the
American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. To receive this special designation
the ABOS requires a physician devote significant time to the field of
sports medicine by providing care to team and individual sports participants.
The ABOS reviews the surgeons case load and type of cases to ensure the
surgeon does an above average amount of sports type cases.
He also served as a major in the U. S.Army Reserve having served in Afghanistan
in a Forward Surgical Team.
- The Treatment of Acute Type III Acromioclavicular Separations; American
Journal of Orthopedics, 2008
- Surgical Treatment of a Tear of the Pectoralis Major Muscle Origin; Journal
of Bone & Joint,Surgery 2007
- Posterior Only Versus Combined Anterior and Posterior Approaches to Lumbar
Scoliosis in Adults: A Radiogrpahic Analysis; Spine, 2007
- Multifunctional Chondrotin Sulfate for Tissue Intergration; Nature Materials, 2007
- MRI of the Shoulder; Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 2006
- Tip of the Trade: A Method of Splinting for Surgeons; Journal of Surgical
Orthopedic Advancements, 2006
- Spinal Fusion After Revision Surgery for Pseudarthrosis in Adult Scoliosis;
- Compartment Syndrome: Time from Diagnosisi to Faciotomy; Journal of Surgical
Orthopedic Advancements, 2005
- Documentation of Compartment Syndrome at an Acadmeic Health Care Center;
Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 2005